Friday, September 18, 2009

What to do on a day like today...

It was a weird kind of day today, dull, cloudy with a chill in the air warning of the colder months to come. Rather depressing to be honest with you. However I thought I'd try and make the most of the overcast conditions and get out and see what's what in the surrounding countryside.





The countryside was looking a little sorry for itself with most of the flora and fauna beginning to die off and make the transition to Autumn. This Rosebay Willowherb above more or less sums up the end of the bright summer colours, although I'm secretly looking forward to the stunning Autumnal reds and browns to come.





There were plenty of brambles and other fruits out in the hedgerows. Although the ones above weren't quite ready, I sampled a few plump black fruits which tasted great! Not the most exciting of photographic adventures I know, but it did quench my creative urge for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment